Awards, Recognition and Media Coverage
Dental Outreach has received numerous awards and formal recognition since its inception:
- QIP Accredited Dental Practice
It is not mandatory for dental practices in Australia to be accredited, however the GuS team believe that it is imperative to not only provide the best dental care, but also to be accountable and self-reflective about all of the processes that relate to the dental services we provide to our patients. Not only do we strive for perfection and improvement whenever possible, we also work hard to ensure the best possible communication with our patients with their health and safety in mind, whilst working within our relevant legislation.
Being a QIP Accredited practice means that our valued patients benefit from a number of governing policies that are in place to provide a working model for best practice. One such policy, for example, allows us to observe infection control practices whenever you visit. All staff are conversant with the requirements of infection control set out by the relevant governing bodies both nationally and at state level and all staff receive regular training and updates in this critical area of patient care.
Accreditation means that all GuS team members follow strict protocols when it comes to patient privacy and confidentiality and measures are in place to ensure that each patient receives information about the treatment they are to receive so that they can make informed decisions based upon that information. In other words, our patients have a voice and are pro-active in their treatment.
We are proud to be a QIP Accredited practice and to offer our patients the very best care we can and we are committed to consistently deliver the best possible dental care, whilst working to the highest clinical standards.
- Threepeat!! We were proud to once again be recipients of the Wrigley's-Australian Dental Association Foundation Community Service Grant for our voluntary work in nursing homes in 2014.
- Back to Back Winners! Following our win in 2012, we are proud to be the first recipients of the new Wrigley’s Australian Dental Association Foundation PRINCIPLES IN ACTION Community Service Grant for our voluntary work throughout the Yorke Peninsula and Mid-North Communities of South Australia.
- Proud first time recipients of the Wrigley’s-Australian Dental Association Foundation Community Service Grant for our voluntary work in nursing homes. Click here for the media release.
- Our Environmental Management System (EMS) was awarded certification to gold level of Business SA’s green accreditation scheme.