Facts & Information
Good dental care is vital to lifelong health as:
- Tooth decay is one of the most common childhood diseases in Australia
- Tooth decay affects more than 50% of kids in first grade, and 80% of 17-year-olds.
- Throughout Australia we estimate that more than 10,000 days of work and 2.5 million school hours are lost each year due to dental-related illnesses.
- Dental disease can cause serious health problems and can affect a person's well-being and self-esteem.
- Children with dental health problems can have difficulty eating, sleeping, and paying attention in school.
Grow Up Smiling (GuS) can help to prevent these problems from affecting your family, so tooth decay won’t ruin their beautiful smiles.